BOATING ACCIDENT LAWYER DALLAS, TX
Each year, Texans and visitors are seriously injured in boating accidents. When this happens, it’s important to make sure you take the right precautions to protect yourself and make sure you can be adequately compensated. Medical bills can be very expensive, so call Abrams Trial Law to find out more about your rights and speak with an experienced personal injury lawyer who can help you make sense of your next steps.
After a Boating Accident
Protecting your rights is all about knowing what to do and when. Here are some simple steps to keep in mind following a boat accident:
- Medical Care. First, make sure that you get medical treatment. Many boating accidents can be quite serious, so you don’t want to take chances or delay treatment. Call the nearest law enforcement or park service to get assistance. In some places, this may be the local Sheriff’s Office, while in more remote locations, you may need to contact Texas Department of Parks and Wildlife.
- Pictures. While still on the scene, try to get pictures of everything you can. Damaged boats, physical injuries, piers, docks, you name it. If it looks like it could be important, try to get a picture. If you are so badly hurt that you can’t do so yourself, ask someone you are with or even a witness to get pictures.
- Official Reports & Records. Once you’ve received medical care and gotten to a secure location, make sure that you collect any official paperwork you are given. This may include official police or game warden reports. Keep a record of all medical care, and don’t forget to include any ambulance, rescue agencies, or hospitals you go to.
- Call a Lawyer. Call a personal injury lawyer in Dallas, TX who can help you. Many times, it may seem unimportant to get help, but later things come up that can make you wish you had consulted with a professional. Injury claims are already complex enough. But boating accidents can be a bit trickier for a number of reasons.
Common Boating Injuries
Among the more common injuries in boat accidents include:
- Broken bones
- Propeller injuries
- Head traumas and concussions
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Back and neck injuries
- Bruising and lacerations
- Puncture wounds
- Internal organ injuries
- Near-drowning injuries (e.g. hypoxia/brain damage)
Get Legal Help Today
If you or a loved one have sustained injuries in a boat accident, it’s important to act to defend your rights. At Abrams Trial Law, we can help you preserve your rights and get you the monetary compensation you deserve. Contact us today to schedule a free, no-risk consultation.
REQUEST A FREE CONSULTATION
Please fill out the form below if you would like to schedule a free initial consultation.
Financing & Payments
Payment Plans Accepted
Credit Cards Accepted
- Scroll to topDenton CountyTarrant CountyRockwall CountyOther Texas Counties
10300 North Central Expressway, Suite 283, Dallas, Texas 75231
© 2007-2022 Warren Abrams, PC. All rights reserved.