BURN INJURY LAWYER DALLAS, TX
If someone caused you or a family member a serious and disfiguring burn injury, they should be held responsible for the damages they have caused. At Abrams Trial Law, our burn injury lawyers understand that burns are often far worse than they may appear, and this can be a difficult time for you and your family.
We are here to help you stand up for your rights and get the compensation you need to recover. Request a free consultation today.
Burn Injuries In America
Millions of Americans receive medical care for burn injuries annually, according to the American Burn Association. Of course, most of the burns that are reported in these estimates are due to house fires, industrial accidents, and other types of fire-related injuries. It’s important to keep in mind that not all major burns are caused by fire. There are a number of burn types.
Types of Burns
There are several types of burns that people can suffer, depending on the nature of the incident that caused them. Here are just a few examples of common burns:
- House fires
- Industrial accidents and explosions
- Chemical burns and exposures
- Road rash injuries (typically motorcycle crashes)
- Radiation exposure burns
Impacts of Burn Injuries
Regardless of how the burn happened, there are many ways that burns can have a lasting impact on your health. These are some of the common long-term consequences of burns:
- Unsightly and disfiguring scars that may be permanent
- Unbearable pain and suffering
- Repeated surgical debridement of the wound
- Plastic surgery
- Neuropathic injuries (numbness, tingling, loss of sensation, etc.)
- Wound-related / Burn-related infections
- Injuries to underlying tissue and bones
Seeking Fair Compensation After a Burn
Burns are often caused by someone’s careless or negligent behavior. For instance, perhaps a business owner left highly flammable chemicals in a metal can in the hot Texas sun. This can create a combustible reaction that leads to an explosion. It’s important to know that you can seek compensation from the responsible parties to help you recover.
Get Medical Attention First
The first thing you need to do if you’ve suffered a burn is to make sure you seek appropriate emergency medical care right away. It’s imperative that your injuries be diagnosed, documented, and treated as soon as possible, in order to give you the best chance of a full recovery. Sometimes early medical care can help to reduce the extent of long-term and permanent scars.
Contact An Experienced Attorney
Next, once you are physically stabilized, reach out to an experienced personal injury lawyer for assistance with your case. An experienced burn injury lawyer can be a great asset in helping you to understand the relevant laws and build a case. A lawyer can carefully review the facts of your case and help you understand your options early. Most cases can take a long time to investigate and prepare for court, so the earlier you seek help, the better off you can be.
What We Can Do For You
At Abrams Trial Law, our attorneys will:
- Investigate your injuries and contact witnesses and medical providers to piece together your case
- Carefully review medical records to build your case
- Work with expert medical specialists to better understand the nature and extent of your injuries
- Attempt to negotiate a settlement on your behalf
- Pursue justice. through litigation and trial as needed
Get Legal Help Today
If you or a loved one have experienced a burn injury that was caused by another party’s actions, it’s important to act to defend your rights. At Abrams Trial Law, we can help you preserve your rights and get you the monetary compensation you deserve. Contact us today to schedule a free, no-risk consultation.
REQUEST A FREE CONSULTATION
Please fill out the form below if you would like to schedule a free initial consultation.
Financing & Payments
Payment Plans Accepted
Credit Cards Accepted
- Scroll to topDenton CountyTarrant CountyRockwall CountyOther Texas Counties
10300 North Central Expressway, Suite 283, Dallas, Texas 75231
© 2007-2022 Warren Abrams, PC. All rights reserved.