PREMISES LIABILITY LAWYER DALLAS, TX
If you are injured due to a careless property owner or business, it can be very frustrating. On one hand, you may realize that your injury was not your fault You may know that negligence was involved, but it can be difficult to prove. Likewise, businesses are often owned by large, multi-state corporations with millions of dollars to spend on powerful insurance companies, attorneys, and investigators. At Abrams Trial Law, our experienced attorneys have a deep understanding of Texas premises liability laws, and we’re here to help.
If you have suffered a serious injury from a fall or some other accident on someone’s property, contact us today for a free consultation.
What is Premises Liability?
A premises liability claim is a type of injury case where the injured person got hurt on someone else’s property. These cases come in a range of scenarios:
- Fall from a balcony or porch
- Slip on water or wet floor
- Injured on defective stairs
- Tripped due to frayed carpeting or rugs
- Loose floor mats gave way
- Other injuries on another’s property
The key to a premises liability claim is proving that the business owner made some type of mistake that amounts to negligence. In other words, was the business or property owner careless in some way?
For those who successfully prove that a property owner violated their obligations in some way, by allowing a defective condition to exist, the victim may be entitled to compensation that includes:
- Pain and suffering
- Money to replace lost wages
- Compensation for medical bills
- Money to help with future medical needs
Key Evidence in Your Case
Sometimes the most important evidence can come from unlikely sources. This can include:
- Speaking with eyewitnesses
- Reviewing video footage where available
- Consulting with flooring and engineering experts
- Talking to former employees and others with specific knowledge
- Medical records
- Public reports and building department records
Steps To Take
If you are injured in a slip and fall or other type of premises liability injury, you should follow these steps:
- Get emergency medical treatment right The quicker you seek treatment, the better off you’ll be.
- Take pictures of everything. Photograph and video the scene, and anything else you think might help.
- Notify the management or owner of the property It’s important to make the incident known.
- Contact Try to get the names and contact information from any eyewitnesses on scene.
- Call a Don’t delay. Call an attorney as soon as possible for assistance in investigating your injuries and building a case around your claim.
To speak with an experienced premises liability lawyer in Dallas, TX, contact Abrams Trial Law today. All consultations are free and confidential, so contact us to learn more about how we can help.
REQUEST A FREE CONSULTATION
Please fill out the form below if you would like to schedule a free initial consultation.
Financing & Payments
Payment Plans Accepted
Credit Cards Accepted
- Scroll to topDenton CountyTarrant CountyRockwall CountyOther Texas Counties
10300 North Central Expressway, Suite 283, Dallas, Texas 75231
© 2007-2022 Warren Abrams, PC. All rights reserved.