Tarrant County, TX DWI Lawyer: Fight Your DWI
If you have been charged with a DWI offense, our Tarrant County, TX DWI lawyers can help. Request a consultation to review your case today.
Important DWI Evidence
Careful inspection of the evidence in a DWI case is essential to ensuring a great result. The evidence in a DWI case often will include offense reports, narratives, witness statements, and videos. The videos we review in Tarrant County DWI cases include body-worn camera footage, police squad car camera footage, and camera footage from the intoxilyzer room or blood draw room:
- Body-worn camera footage shows one’s speech and movements. Often times in a DWI investigation, there are multiple body-worn videos showing a variety of angles such as when one performs the standardized field sobriety tests – horizontal gaze nystagmus, walk and turn, and one leg stand.
- Police squad car video footage shows one’s driving. These videos are often used by the State to show that the officer had the right to pull you over which we want to fight.
- Camera footage from the blood draw room or intoxilyzer room show one blowing into the breath machine or the drawing of one’s blood.
In all cases, it is important that these videos are carefully scrutinized and examined. Other important evidence to be reviewed in a Tarrant County DWI case is the blood or breath score, because the State tries to use the blood or breath score to show that one is intoxicated.
Reviewing & Analyzing Your Case
Once we gather the evidence in a DWI case, it is careful reviewed and analyzed. Afterwards, we invite you to review the evidence with us. This collaborative process helps us understand how you were feeling and what you remember from the DWI arrest that may not be depicted on the videos or mentioned in the offense reports.
At this point in time, we discuss strategies and arguments to turn the contents of the evidence to our advantage:
- We look for exaggerations, omissions, and inconsistencies in the evidence. Did the officer have reasonable suspicion to pull you over and probable cause to arrest you for DWI?
- We look for mistakes in the administration of the standardized field sobriety tests: horizontal gaze nystagmus, walk and turn, and one leg stand.
- We also review the administration of the blood or breath test to make sure it was administered properly. In addition, we look for tests that the officer did not administer that could have shown your innocence.
The review of the evidence in a DWI case enables us to present a solid and strong defense.
The review of the evidence will present other opportunities—such as a contested hearing or trial—to fight the DWI allegation. At the hearing (often times a Motion to Suppress or kick out evidence) and at trial, the evidence is shown and carefully challenged through cross examination and questioning of officers in the DWI case. Inconsistencies between the evidence, such as between the body worn videos and offense reports, are brought out to show that the evidence is lacking and that the State has not proven its case.
Get Legal Help Today
Through a careful review of the evidence in a DWI investigation, one has the best chance to fight and ultimately achieve a great result. Contact Abrams Trial Law today to request a consultation with an experienced Tarrant County DWI lawyer.